Ancestry Library Edition is an excellent family history research tool with records mainly from North America, Great Britain, Ireland, and Europe. It also has Australian and New Zealand records including electoral rolls and area directories, and a small collection of records from the Pacific Islands.
Ancestry Library Edition can only be accessed for free in your local library. You can no longer access it for free from home.
Your local library has WiFi, laptops or computers you can use to access Ancestry. If you would like to know more about this please Contact us.
Ancestry Library Edition has a section called Public Member Trees, these family trees have been submitted by members of the public. You may find your family tree has already been recorded.
To search Public Member Trees:
- Scroll down to the bottom of the home page;
- Look under the heading Quick Links;
- Select Public Member Trees.
Resources available through Ancestry Library Edition include:
- Census records for the United Kingdom from 1841 to 1911;
- UK Outward Passenger Lists 1890 to 1960;
- New Zealand Electoral Rolls 1853 to 1981;
- M?ori Land Claims 1858 to 1980;
- New Zealand Naturalisations 1843 to 1981;
- New Zealand World War One Army Rolls;
- New Zealand City and Area Directories 1866 to 1954.