Information and Research Services
Contact us for help with your school assignment, research or general questions.
Library staff are available to assist you with reference enquiries during opening hours at all of our libraries.
We are happy to assist you with a range of enquiries including:
- Finding information for research and homework questions
- What to read next
- Help with searching our e-library resources
- Help with family history and local history research questions
- Help with a range of technology questions
If you need help with a complex question or if research might be required we recommend that you contact us in advance. How to contact us:
- Phone or call into your local library
- Complete our online Ask a Librarian form
- Complete our online Book a Librarian form (please note: This service is only available in Richmond and Motueka)
- The first 45 minutes of staff time per research request is free. If you need more help charges may apply
- The usual library fees and charges apply for any photocopying you require. Please note that any copying or scanning we supply must comply with the Copyright Act 1994
- Charges may apply for postal delivery
Family history and Local history research questions
If you live outside Tasman district and need help with family history or local history research questions relating to the Tasman region:
- Complete the Ask a Librarian form
If you are visiting Tasman and want to look through our family and local history resources please contact us ahead of time. This will ensure your time is well used.