Join the Library
For permanent residents, it is free to join the library and get access to all our great resources.
Who can join?
You can join Tasman District Libraries if:
- You live permanently in the Tasman District, Nelson City or Marlborough District; or
- You pay rates to the Tasman District Council; or
- You attend an educational institution in the Tasman district.
You can join online and start using our e-Resources straight away. There is a great range of e-Books, e-Audio books, newspapers, magazines and movies available to you FREE. Click here for more information.
How do I join?
If you live permanently, or own property, in the Tasman district, or live in Nelson city or the Marlborough district you may complete the online sign-up form below and receive a one year Digital Membership allowing you to access all our e-resources.
Conditions of membership
I apply for a library card and agree as a library member or as a guarantor to:
- see that all items borrowed from the library are returned by the due date
- notify change of address and card loss immediately
- pay all overdue, damage or replacement charges incurred
- allow my personal information to be used in accordance with Tasman District Libraries Privacy Statement
Acceptance and online sign-up form
Click below to accept our library conditions and proceed to the sign-up form. Completion of the sign-up form as well as the signature on the issued library card indicates acceptance of our conditions.
- Using the Library - loan periods, renewals and general information
- Fees and Charges