Fees and Charges
It's free to borrow most items. This page explains fees and charges for borrowing, overdue items and other library services.
- Rental Charges
- Overdue Charges
- Interloan Charges - for borrowing items from another library
- Other Charges
- Paying Charges online
|Children's items||free of charge|
|Young Adult's items||free of charge|
|Adult Fiction & Non-fiction (older than 2 years)||free of charge|
|New Adult Fiction & Non-fiction *||$1.50||for 3 weeks|
|New Large Print *||$1.50||for 3 weeks|
|Magazines||50c||for 2 weeks|
|DVDs||$4.00||for 2 weeks|
* new items are items less than two years old
Tasman District Libraries does not charge overdue fines. Read more here.
You can renew overdue items provided they are not reserved.
Interloan charges apply when you borrow items from other libraries. Some libraries charge a higher fee for this service than others.
Standard charge (Reciprocal libraries)
Standard charge for child members (Reciprocal libraries)
free of charge
Non-reciprocal libraries for child members
fee as charged by the lending library
Standard urgent fee
- There is a minimum charge of $5.00 per interloan for adult members.
- Once an Interloan request has been placed, the charge is non-refundable unless the item can not be supplied.
- The interloan fee must be paid when you collect the item.
- There are additional fees for interloans supplied by overseas libraries and some New Zealand libraries.
- More about Interloan fees and policies.
These charges relate to printing from our public internet computers.
|Black and white|
|Black and white|
|Lost or damaged items||Replacement cost + $8.00 admin fee|
|Holds within Tasman District Library||$2.00|
|Holiday Membership||$10 per month|
|Replacement membership card||$3.00|
Paying Charges online
You can pay library charges (we don't charge for overdue items, but we do charge for lost books) via internet backing with Tasman District Council. For details on how to make payments via internet banking visit the Tasman District Council website.
Please note that it may take a couple of days for the payment to clear and for us to update your library account.