The Tasman District Libraries website (‘this Website’) is owned and operated by Tasman District Council. Your use of this Website is subject to the following terms and all applicable laws. By accessing and browsing this Website, you accept, without limitation or qualification, these terms. If you do not agree to be bound by these terms then you must immediately stop accessing and using this Website. If you have any questions about these terms please contact us.
Tasman District Council may modify, alter or otherwise update the terms applicable to this Website from time to time, with or without notice, and you agree to check these terms and conditions and to be bound by such terms as are in effect at the time at which you access this Website.
In these terms:
- references to this Website include all pages of, and all information and material on, this Website, including, without limitation, text, images, graphics, layout, look-and-feel and any other information contained on or in this Website (collectively, ‘Content’) and all transaction processing services available on or via this Website ('Transaction Processing Services’); and
- references to use of this Website include access to this Website.
Use of Website and Content
Tasman District Council makes this Website available for your personal and non-commercial use. You may download and use information provided on this Website solely for your personal purposes, provided that you do not remove any proprietary rights notices, do not modify the information or make it available to third parties through a networked computer environment and do not make any additional representations or warranties regarding the information.
You may not attempt to gain unauthorised access to any portion or feature of this Website, or attempt to obtain any materials, information or documents through any means not purposely made available by Tasman District Council, including without limitation, hacking, password mining or otherwise accessing data without prior express authorisation. You may not test the vulnerability of this Website or any network connected to this Website or seek to trace any information on any other user of this Website. You agree to comply with all applicable laws and with these terms and conditions at all times when using this Website.
Copyright/Ownership of Trademarks
All Content on this website is owned or otherwise provided by Tasman District Council and is subject to copyright and other proprietary rights, including but not limited to the Copyright Act 1994 (New Zealand) and international copyrights, trademarks or other intellectual property rights and laws.
Trademarks, logos and service marks (collectively, ‘Marks’) displayed on this Website are registered or unregistered Marks of Tasman District Council or others, are the property of their respective owners, and may not be used without prior written permission of the owner of such Marks.
Unless otherwise stated, the Content and behaviours of this Website are copyright to Tasman District Council. Tasman District Council authorises you to access and view Content on this Website, print individual pages and download a single copy of the material of this Website for your personal, non-commercial use. Content may not otherwise be reproduced or modified without prior written consent.
- the Internet domain and IP address from which you are accessing this Website
- the browser and operating system you are using
- the date and time you access the site
- the pages you visit
- whether you arrived at this Website via a link from another site and the address of such site.
You consent to the collection and use of this aggregate information for the purposes stated herein.
Provision of Information by You
Tasman District Libraries provide online and interactive services through websites which are owned and hosted by third parties. These online and interactive services include:
- EbscoHost – a library catalogue service that allows you to track requested items and renewals, as well as save and store catalogue items and searches
These online and interactive services are provided through the following third party websites:
When you use these online and interactive services, the terms and conditions applicable to each individual service (which are located on the relevant websites) apply.
Limitation of Liability and Exclusion of Warranties
Tasman District Council may update the Content on this Website from time to time, but no assurance is given that the Content on this Website is up-to-date, accurate, error-free or complete. To the fullest extent permitted by law, Tasman District Council:
- makes no representation or warranty regarding the functionality or condition of this Website, its suitability for use, or that its use will be uninterrupted or error-free;
- does not represent or warrant that the Content or services accessed from or through this Website will be uninterrupted or free of errors, defects, viruses or other harmful components, or that any such problems which are discovered will be corrected;
- will not be liable to any person or entity for any damage, direct or indirect, incidental, special or consequential for access to, use of or inability to use the Content, Transaction Processing Services or this Website; and
- assumes no liability for errors or omissions in the Content or the Transaction Processing Services.
Without limiting the foregoing, all Content, Transaction Processing Services and this Website are provided ‘as is’ without warranty of any kind, whether express or implied, including but not limited to implied warranties of fitness for a particular purpose or non-infringement. Some jurisdictions do not permit the exclusion of implied warranties, and if you are in one of those jurisdictions these exclusions may not apply to you.
Use of this Website and these terms shall be governed by the laws of New Zealand without reference to principles of conflict of laws. You agree to be bound by such laws and irrevocably agree to submit to the jurisdiction of the courts of New Zealand in connection with the interpretation or application of these terms. Those who choose to access this Website from other locations do so on their own initiative and are responsible for compliance with local laws, if and to the extent local laws are applicable.
The Tasman District Council collects, stores, uses, assigns unique identifiers and discloses personal information in line with its obligations under the Privacy Act 2020.
We collect personal information from you, including information about your:
- contact information
- identifying information, including date of birth and gender
- interactions with us
- billing, borrowing or purchase information
- Library membership information
We collect your personal information in order to:
- manage your membership of the Council's libraries,
- contact you,
- record and respond to requests for services,
- ensure that the Tasman District Council can operate efficiently and effectively in line with its lawful functions and purpose,
- recover outstanding charges, and
- enable you to borrow material from Nelson City Council's libraries and Marlborough District Council's libraries (if that is permitted by those local authorities).
Personal information is also used by the Council for statistical purposes, to record the use made of library material.
Besides our staff, we share this information with:
- The K?tui consortium which supplies and manages our Library Management System. K?tui is managed and administered by the National Library which is part of DIA. All of the data in the Council’s library management system is held outside of our Council systems and is accessible by 3rd party vendors when needed to provide services to us. More information about K?tui can be found on their website https://natlib.govt.nz/librarians/kotui
- Contractors and agents in order to effectively conduct Council business.
- Nelson City Council and Marlborough District Council to enable you to borrow material from their libraries. This includes information about your borrowing history and library charges. For members under the age of 18, the Council may also disclose the name and contact details of the guarantor.
The Council may disclose information about you to a debt collection agency for the purpose of recovering overdue library charges. For members under the age of 18, the Council may also disclose the name and contact details of the guarantor. If you are under the age of 18, the Council may disclose information about you to your guarantor for the purpose of managing your library membership and recovering overdue charges
You have the right to ask for a copy of any personal information we hold about you, and to ask for it to be corrected if you think it is wrong. If you’d like to ask for a copy of your information, or to have it corrected, please contact us at email@example.com, or (03) 543 8500. You can also visit one of our libraries during opening hours.
Providing some information is optional. If you choose not to provide the requested information, we'll be unable to provide some Library services.