Expected Standard of Behaviour in the Library
Libraries are here for the use and enjoyment of all, so we ask that you show consideration to others using the library.
What do We Expect From You?
- Comply with all reasonable requests from staff.
- Leave the library and its contents as you found them so that others can enjoy them.
- Actively supervise your children at all times.
- Respect the rights of others. Unlawful, noisy, offensive or threatening behaviour is not acceptable in or around our libraries.
- Avoid injury to others and leave bicycles, skateboards, scooters and rollerblades outside.
- Keep an eye on your possessions – the library is a public space.
- Leave animals outside except for certified support animals.
- Keep public entrances and exits, aisles, doorways and fire exit routes clear and unblocked.
What Happens If Expectations Are Not Met?
- Unacceptable behaviour on the part of a customer may result in loss of library privileges.
- You may be asked to leave the library.
- Police intervention may be requested in cases where an individual’s behaviour is threatening or frightening to library users or staff members.