Ancestry Library Edition is an excellent family history research tool with records from the USA, Canada, Great Britain, Ireland, and continental Europe. It also has some significant Australian and New Zealand records including electoral rolls and area directories.
Ancestry Library Edition has a section called Public Member Trees, where over two billion names in family trees are listed. These family trees have been submitted by members of the public. You may find your family tree has already been recorded.
To search Public Member Trees:
- Hover your mouse over the Search tab near the top of the home page;
- From the drop down menu select Card Catalog;
- Select Public Member Trees from the results list on the right side of the screen.
Resources available through Ancestry Library Edition include:
- Census records for the United Kingdom from 1841 to 1911;
- UK Outward Passenger Lists, 1890 to1960;
- New Zealand Electoral Rolls 1853 to 1981;
- Maori Land Claims 1858 to 1980;
- New Zealand Naturalisations 1843 to 1981;
- New Zealand Army World War One records;
- New Zealand City and Area Directories 1866 to 1955.